Following the 2019 BUSA AGM held at the BUCS Yachting Championship on the 16th of April, the new BUSA Committee for 2019-20 has been announced.
This year sees a restructure of the committee, with new roles added and some removed. It is hoped that this will help to clarify responsibilities and help push BUSA towards some of the strategic outcomes identified through the 2018-19 Sailor Survey and focus group.
Many of the roles were contested this year, and the committee would like to thank all those that put themselves forward.
The 2019-20 BUSA Committee is as follows:
- Chair – Karen Thomas (Cambridge)
- Vice Chair – Abby West (Loughborough)
- President – Peter Saxton
- Vice President 2018-20 – Iona Smith (Nottingham)
- Vice President 2019-21 – Ailsa Muskett (Aberdeen)
- Honorary Treasurer – Matt Goodbourn
- Media Officer – TBC
- Development Officer – Joe Penhaul Smith (Highlands & Islands)
- Fleet Racing Officer – Rachel Grayson (Nottingham)
- Match Racing Officer – George Haynes (Newcastle)
- Team Racing Officer – Nicole Ames (Solent)
- Keelboat Officer – Cat Hunt (Southampton)
- Scottish Area Chair – Emily Hill (St Andrews)
- Northern Area Chair – Kieran Graham (Newcastle)
- Midlands Area Chair – Grace Bradley Shankar (Loughborough)
- Western Area Chair – Emma Hartley (Bristol)
- South Central Area Chair – Will Birchall (Bournemouth)
- NGB Representative – Jessica Beecher
- BUCS Representative – Cleo Lyn
The BUSA Secretary role will be fulfilled by Hannah Peters, our new BUSA Administrator. A full introduction to Hannah and her role will be provided in due course.
An overview of each role’s responsibilities can be found in the Roles and Responsibilities document.
With some returning faces alongside several new members, and representation from universities across all the regions, we are looking forward to delivering another fantastic year of student sailing!
The BUSA Committee can be contacted at email@example.com or via any of our social media channels:
British Universities Sailing Association on Facebook
@busamedia on Instagram
@BUSASAILING on Twitter
Your comments and feedback are always welcome!
The full Committee is listed under About on the Menu