Women’s J70 Open Championships
19th-20th September 2020
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 6th MAY 2020 AT 11:59pm
The Women’s J70 Open Championships 2020 will be held from the 19th-20th of September from The Royal Thames Yacht Club, Cowes, Isle of Wight.
It is a fantastic opportunity for high quality competitive inshore one design racing, at the epicentre of British Yacht Racing, in the tactically challenging Solent.
BUSA will be contributing £300 to the entry of an all-female team of BUSA members to represent our association. The selection committee will be looking for an all-female team who will most benefit from the funding to attend the event. This may apply to your team in a number of ways; a few examples are:
- You are a new development team, made up of females wanting to build experience in keelboat racing
- You are an established team, looking for events to train together for a future campaign together e.g. Yachting Nationals or maybe an Etchells campaign.
- Your team members have had little formal training opportunities before e.g. BKA/RYA pathway etc-Your university sports union doesn’t normally financially support your sailing team
Entry for the event is £550 (for 4 persons) or £615 (for 5 persons) for the charter of a Royal Thames J70, Entry Fee, dinner tickets, and breakfast both mornings.
With funding from BUSA, the event cost will therefore be only around £63 per person (for a 4 or 5-person team)
To apply for BUSA funding:
- Find 4-5 women to form a team – they must be BUSA members or part of a BUSA club, they can be from a combination of different universities or the same universities.
- Read the event NOR and agree all team members are able to race
- Read the BUSA notice of selection, and agree all team members are eligible for funding
- Fill in the funding application form
- Your team are responsible for entry and the remaining entry fee payment to RTYC
- Following entry, BUSA will send the financial contribution to the team
Following Selection by BUSA:
More information about the event including current entry list and notice of race can be found on Yacht Scoring.
More information about application and entry contact:
BUSA keelboat officer; Cat Hunt on facebook or email.